Overview – Four Key Points
- Decentralized Forest Management.
- Community Forestry identification and formalization.
- Community institutional and livelihood development
- Community Forestry development support services.
Priorities regarding to Community Forestry in Cambodia
- To halt deforestation by maintaining or increasing forest cover.
- To provide direct and indirect benefits for local communities.
- To support rural development strategy and livelihood improvement.
- To support decentralization policy of government.
- To enhance natural environment condition.
Community Forestry Policies
- CF development has been identifies in the Rectangle Strategy of RGC.
- CF is one of six programs in the National Forest Program.
- To encourage local communities living near the forest to manage and utilize as community forest.
- Government can reduce or cut off the Royalty and Premium of all forest products from CF site.
National Policy Addressing Climate Change
- 2015 maintain forest cover in 60% of total area.
- Study for the REDD Pilot project
- Institutional arrangement.
- Maximum benefit to local communities from carbon credit.
Social Forestry Role in Climate Change Mitigation and Adaption
- Maintain the forest cover for REDD.
- Improve CF livelihood through forest management and utilization.
- Forest resources increase.
Key Activities regarding to Community Forestry in Cambodia
- CF Legalization.
- CF livelihood improvement.
- Capacity building of all key stakeholders.
- Carbon credit from Avoided Deforestation: a pilot project in CFs
- Community Forestry Management Plan.
- Community Forestry Enterprise Development.
- Community Forestry Carbon Credit Marketing.